Summary of the „Professional practice in EDUPOLI and internships organized by Vitalis Gmbh”
The teachers and students of the Békéscsaba Center of Vocational Training Kemény Gábor Logistic and Vehicular Vocational-Grammar School have been participating in mobility projects and competence development projects of the European Union since 2005. The reason why we applied for the ERASMUS+ program was to support students from classes 9-12 (secondary vocational grammar school) and the students from class 13 (vocational training) to gain experience abroad while completing their internships there.
After a successful ERASMUS+ application in 2017, we got the chance to organize mobility projects for 42 students. These students did their internships abroad, with the help of foreign vocational schools and companies. We chose our partners (EDUPOLI, Vitalis GmbH, STEP) from the partner-network of the Békéscsaba Center of Vocational Training. We chose our partners on the basis of our training needs, and we chose those host organizations that could help us organize our planned internships abroad.
The aims of the project:
- to improve the participants’ professional, language, personal, methodological, digital, and intercultural skills and competences;
- the recognition of the study and work experience gained abroad;
- the utilization of the project results and documents;
- to maintain an active and long-term international cooperation with the host institute and the host companies.
- car mechanics (12 participants from Class 13);
- logistic and forwarding assistants (12 participants from Class 13)
- logistic and forwarding assistants (18 participants from Class 11)
We accepted the internships completed abroad as the compulsory internship for the students from class 11 who participated in the German mobility project. In case of the Spanish mobility project, for students from class 13, they received grades in the vocational subjects according to their internships based on the documents submitted (work diaries, reports, evaluation sheets).
The objectives of the project have been fulfilled because by the end of the school year 2018/2019 we reached the planned participant number (12 students) who completed their internships abroad.
There were five student mobility projects completed within the framework of the programme: one group to Porvoo, Finland, three groups to Seville, Spain and one group to Leipzig, Germany.
I. „Preparation” part
- We planned the work program together with our partners based on the needs.
- We informed the students and teachers of the school about the mobility projects.
- In a meeting, the project coordinator, the vocational teachers, the form-teacher and the school psychologist evaluated and selected the project candidates based on the incoming motivation letters and the information about the students.
- Signing contracts between the sending and the host organization, signing contracts with the supporting teachers, the participants and the accompanying teacher.
- Preparing the selected students (Language, Cultural, Vocational and Psychological trainings) in the school, after the compulsory lessons, within the period of 3-months prior the internship itself.
II. „Realization” part
- The project coordinator organized the travel and consulted with the project participants and the host organization.
- The HR and vocational training conditions were ensured by our partner organizations.
- The internships were completed within the time period as written in the contract.
III. Closing part
- We collected and evaluated the documentations of the program (work diaries from students, reports from accompanying teachers, evaluation sheets, certificates)
- The final evaluation – as part of the dissemination – becomed public to our teaching staff, therefore it will be useful for further projects.
The results of the project:
- the participants prepared reports, photos and videos about their internships, they wrote work diaries, and there are reports about the meetings;
- the participants’ personal skills and competences improved, and their motivation for their profession increased;
- the quality of the professional trainings in the school improved, and thereby the quality of the general vocational training increased;
- the number of students participating in international professional trainings increased.
- the acquisition of the professional experience specified in the central programmes of the chosen vocational trainings could effectively be accomplished;
- as a recognition of the completed internship abroad, participants get Europass Mobility Certificates.
- according to our dissemination plan, we appear in the media to share our experience about the internships which would greatly contribute to the increasing number of students choosing our school when deciding about their further education;
- the project increases the chances of the participants in the labour market due to their work experience abroad, their professional competences and language skills.
The project was supported by the European Commission under the Erasmus+ Programme – KA1. Contract number: 2017-1-HU01-KA102-035745